Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
The successful candidate will support the national roll-out of a highway and metro-based high-speed electric vehicle (EV) charging network. The candidate will be a qualified project controls professional that will support the Sr Manager in overseeing Design-Build vendors and contractors across various regions to simultaneously manage the surveying, engineering, scheduling, permitting, construction and close-out of hundreds of EV charging sites. Responsibilities will include overall management of the project controls platform, providing knowledgeable insight on construction process management, program management of partners and vendors, tracking and reporting progress, monitoring vendor requests for payment, reporting financial statuses of projects, reporting KPIs and creating training materials for vendors and field team members.
This candidate will manage project management software suite to accurately forecast and project schedules, monitor equipment inventory and delivery, manage daily project tasks, collect and evaluate documentation and close-out reports, and control project costs. They will also ensure field team and vendors are adhering to all project management protocols and processes. Candidate will act as a source of expertise within the team, helping to accelerate program implementation through constant process improvement and sharing of best practices.
• Supports Senior Manager in overseeing team's construction management processes, vendor and field team training and enforcing all project management policies and procedures. Works collaboratively with Regional Managers and field team to ensure successful project documentation, reporting and tracking.
• Assists Sr Manager in program management of vendors, services providers and contractors across various regions, ensuring adherence to program milestones, budget controls, productivity and quality standards.
• Responsible for organizations' construction safety policy and plan including monitoring vendor safety procedures, tracking and reporting. Works with VWGOA safety team to ensure field team is adequately trained on company's safety guidelines.
• Supports coordination efforts with project stakeholders including site hosts, utilities, AHJs on topics such as permitting and easement approvals.
• Assesses and tracks program performance via managing and updating tools, software and processes to ensure effective project management at all stages of program design, implementation and evaluation.
• Develops and prepares quarterly forecasts, budgets, work schedules, and implementation plans to management for approval.
• Identifies potential bottlenecks in project execution and elevates to senior management for resolution. Develop guidelines and best practice to share across and primary vendors to accelerate future implementation activities.
• Works closely with Technology Group to forecast equipment specification requirements and delivery needs.
• Assumes responsibility for monitoring project close-out documentation from vendors and suppliers, reviews and tracks all QAQC requirements prior to vendor payment approval. Works closely with controllers to ensure alignment with auditing and accounting policies. Benchmarks project costs across vendors and regions to identify cost efficiency opportunities.• 3-5 years of experience
• Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
• Project Management Professional certifications
• Accomplished Project Controlling skills
• Highly computer savvy - skilled in the use of software
• Communication skills - interpersonal, oral and written
• Analytical and conceptual thinking - using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Integration - joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Problem solving
• Resource management
• Autonomy and initiative
• Proven experience in project management and controlling
• Demonstrated record of precision & integrity in past work assignments
• Experience managing a construction management software platform
• Knowledge and understanding of construction processes, scheduling, contracting and related documentation.
• Experience supporting the management of vendors and subcontractors
• Experience supporting the management of multimillion $ construction projects and related contracts
• Excellent understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
• Very high attention to detail
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Certification of competency in Primavera, Microsoft Project, or similar software
• Experience training field staff on the use of construction software (Procore)
• Up to 10% travel required
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
Website : http://www.volkswagengroupamerica.com
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers and the largest carmaker in Europe. It operates a manufacturing plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee and houses the U.S. operations of a worldwide family of distinguished and exciting brands including Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Volkswagen, as well as VW Credit, Inc. Founded in 1955, the company's headquarters are in Herndon, Va., Volkswagen Group of America brings vehicles to the U.S. that marry the science of engineering and the art of styling, with the goal of offering attractive, safe, and eco-conscious automobiles that are competitive and set world standards in their respective classes. The company has approximately 6,000 employees in the United States and sells its vehicles through a 1,000-strong dealer network.