Manage, plan, design, and develop multiple/and or large complex programs. Responsible for all aspects of program management including strategic planning, needs analysis, content development, data analysis, vendor selection and management and contract management.
* Manage, plan, design, and develop multiple/and or large complex programs. Coordinate interdepartmental functions in order to minimize delays; meet with program/project team members on a regular basis to review.
* Develop the overall program plan and create high-level plans to guide detailed planning at the component level.
* Lead the program management team in establishing program direction, identifying interdependencies, communicating program requirements, tracking progress, making decisions, and resolving conflicts and issues.
* Develop program strategy and supporting business case. Lead/direct the development of the strategic approach for the program, its major time frames and a definition of its major deliverables to address needed goals and outcomes.
* Confer with team to explain program/project and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of programs/projects. Responsible for effective assignment and use of staff, contractors and consultants to maximize the application of their capabilities and their contribution value for cost to the program. Manage and change assignments in the program within agreed upon decision-making authority.
* Direct and coordinate activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of programs.
* Monitor all program project executions, progress to plan and production of major deliverables, intervening when necessary to review the current state and direct adjustments to plans and execution.
* Own and make needed decisions to ensure the successful resolution of all issues, problems and changes within the program that do not alter or defer significantly from the agreed upon milestones and major deliverables.
* Direct the development and maintenance of plans, practices and assignments to identify, quantify and contain the occurrence and potential impact of risks and risk events on the execution of a program and its likelihood of success.
* Identify specific program evolutionary needs and/or changes and direct the development of appropriate approach, plans and/or deliverable alterations focused on optimizing success and goal achievement.
* Establish performance metrics and goals for programs, including process measures, outcomes measures and financial measures. Evaluate programs to ensure they meet program goals.
* Ensure that programs meet appropriate regulatory and accreditation standards. Ensure that the program fully cooperates with the organizational governance functions and provides oversight for the definition and exercise of regular iteration and reporting required by organizational governance policies.
* Develop and manage program budgets.
* Manage vendor relationships and negotiate, administer and monitor program contracts.
* Bachelor s degree and 7 years of program or project management experience in the area of program specialization.
* In lieu of a Bachelor s degree, a minimum of 9 years of program or project management experience in the area of program specialization is required.
* Experience as a management consultant will be considered an asset.
* Strong ability to establish and maintain trust and confidence with program stakeholders, team members, project sponsors, consultants, vendors, and executive audiences.
* Knowledge in the area of programs managed including, but not limited to: metrics/benchmark-based cost management in the healthcare payor industry.
* Strong, organizational, presentation, writing, and facilitation skills.
* Communication skills to deal with various stakeholders, team members, project sponsors, vendors, and senior management.
* Experience leading change at a project or program level.
* Time management skills to keep goals and objectives of program on schedule.
* Track record of proactively identifying and resolving issues and opportunities.
* Experience with statement of work development, vendor sourcing, and the contracting life cycle process.
* Strong skills with the Microsoft family of tools, particularly Excel and SharePoint.
* Health payor experience preferred, but not essential.
Professional Certification * PMP, CPA, CFA, or PgMP a plus..
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Blue Cross NC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Since 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) has offered its customers high quality health insurance at a competitive price and has led the charge toward better health and health care in our state. BCBSNC is a fully taxed, not-for-profit North Carolina company with headquarters in Chapel Hill and major operations centers in Durham, Fayetteville, and Winston-Salem. We employ more than 4,800 North Carolinians1 and serve more than 3.9 million customers.2