Electrical Project Manager - Estimator
The ideal job candidate will possess excellent communication skills and have at least 10 years of experience managing a full spectrum of electrical construction projects (commercial, transportation, roadway, healthcare, solar and light industrial) ranging from $1 Million to $25 Million
I am looking for someone who is ready to be challenged and hit the ground running doing the following:
- Analyze new electrical construction and running competitive bid analysis
- Plan and direct all investigations and negotiations pertaining to technical aspects of conceptual estimating
- Demonstrate a credible interface with client, design professionals and consultants.
- Conduct skilled constructability reviews
- Create construction cost estimates; track estimates; track estimates throughout the entire design process
- Prepare bids, and effectively scheduling all preconstruction activities
- Engage suppliers and subcontractors
- Demonstrate strong risk recognition and management skills
- Create a complete project schedule for the construction team and a plan for implementation
Course of Electrical Construction
- Dispense advice, guidance, direction and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established polices and practice
- Apply effective problem solving skills, which are appropriately creative and innovative
- Track, forecast, report labor hours and material costs.
- Collaborate with field labor supervisor to plan, organize and schedule project work including preparation of an integrated project schedule
- Maintain working knowledge of contract drawings, detail drawings and specs
- Ensure full compliance with Safety Program at jobsite
- Negotiate agreements with our subcontractors and assure their performance
- Maintain working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications or project contract
- Consistently meet deadline and project commitments
- Train, mentor and delegate staff effectively
- Demonstrate a customer service approach to management
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communication throughout the project team
- Write subcontracts and purchase orders
- Source/secure new business opportunities by establishing contacts and sustaining long term relationships
- Foster outstanding customer service and positive client relationships
- Deliver effective presentations and demonstrate accomplished interview skills
Knowledge of windows based estimating programs including Accubid and McCormick. Autocad would also be a benefit.
Proficiency in word and excel is a requirement
Position is eligible for bonus program, car and phone allowances.
Construction, Mining & Trades