Location: Ayer, Massachusetts
Buyer - Estimator
6 Month Contract
* Quote, source, select, purchase and report on materials and assemblies as assigned (e.g. machined components, weldments, fabricated metal assemblies, electronic components, PCBA's, motors , gears and other similar products) using established policies and procedures in a Maritime and Defense manufacturing company.
* Requires an ability to understand the component obsolescence market and to identify and institute opportunities to mitigate risk on programs containing potential obsolete components.
* Measures of success include swift and accurate processing of RFQ's, placement of simple purchase orders and positive key performance indicator results including Supplier On Time Delivery, Supplier Quality, On time PO placement, cost savings.
* Obtain current quotations from designated suppliers based on RFQ's assigned
* Identify and develop new sources of supply using existing Client Supply Chain policies where current global supplier capabilities are inadequate.
* Develop, implement, and negotiate price and delivery terms with suppliers to minimize material cost, inventory levels, and transportation costs while supporting production demand requirements.
* Manage day to day procurement activities including internal and supplier communications, negotiate schedule and delivery changes, price changes, revised terms and special arrangements with suppliers.
* Review MRP requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements; review and issue purchase orders and make necessary changes to requirements, schedule and price.
* Manage relationships with key suppliers through monthly supplier workshops to include review of supplier scorecards, OTD performance, open order reports, forecasts, supply chain risk elements, efficiency opportunities and other supplier management functions as required to improve supplier performance.
* Optimize commodity spending and provide minimum target annual savings through cost reductions, cost avoidance and operational improvements.
* Negotiate and execute critical, complex, high-value awards either in conjunction with a buyer or independently.
* Identify/ lead discussions and meetings /close out cost reduction ideas with suppliers generated from workshops and/or suggestions; and maintains performance management system to drive ideas to closure.
* Expeditiously maintain and execute RMA process for designated part numbers.
* Create and maintain reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed to monitor purchasing activity levels, support build schedules, and maintain replenishment systems.
* Maintain and improve MRP data integrity on part numbers and BOMs as designated.
* BA/BS with a minimum of 3 years' experience purchasing electro-mechanical parts, components, and assemblies.
* Minimum 3 years' experience with ERP/MRP demand and forecast systems.
* Demonstrated problem solver.
* Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations (beyond daily work requirements).
* Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM); or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM); or The Institute for Supply Management (ISM) certification a Plus.
* Ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications, customer specifications, prints & drawings.
* 5 years' experience with BOM structures.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Extensive experience dealing with Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) and PCBAs suppliers.
* Experience utilizing DFAR, ITAR, Counterfeit materials
* Experience AS9100, AS9102, RCPS, conflict minerals & NADCAP requirements
* Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows(TM) interface, Microsoft Office(TM) package (Microsoft Outlook-, Microsoft Excel-, Microsoft Word-, Microsoft PowerPoint-, Microsoft Access-), Microsoft Project and software.
* Excellent interpersonal, and decision making skills.
* Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
* Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Selected applicant may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
* Domestic travel may be required on a limited basis
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com.
Website : http://www.consultnet.com
For years, Wall Street and "informed" business media outlets have viewed staffing as an ignoble profession — a low value business that can be easily replicated, automated and commoditized. Big words, but what these broad brushes of business jargon miss is the inherent humanity of our profession. Providing a service that delivers skilled technologists to companies who are struggling for market share, profits, milestones and breakthroughs is a thoughtful and purposeful enterprise. Each day it is our purpose to employ technologists, support our clients and create a work environment of respect, dignity and collaboration. Lofty goals, but a simple purpose: finding work for those who have none, finding talent for those in need. There is no doubt that technology and automation have helped staffing to become more efficient. What is not in doubt is the positive impact a great recruiter makes for the candidates they represent. There is no doubt that an account executive who views a clients' goals as their own is an invaluable and irreplaceable resource. Staffing is a people business. ConsultNet's people make the difference in staffing. If you're a technologist that needs employment, a company that needs superior technical talent, or a staffing professional looking for significant growth opportunities the choice is clear, the choice is ConsultNet.