Project Controls, Management
Must hold a DOE “Q” clearance or have the ability to obtain one
Roles and Responsibilities
The Manager of Project Controls
* Provides technical guidance to the Project Controls organization.
* Is responsible for consistency across Projects and compliance with the Project Controls processes and procedures.
The Manager of Project Controls receives programmatic guidance from the Manager of Business Systems.
1. Supervision, including technical direction and programmatic guidance of the Project Controls organization.
2. Integration of project issues and lessons learned to provide consistency across program.
3. Provides management support for Project Controls training, performance reviews, and salary adjustments.
4. Implements UCOR’s Integrated Safety Management System through use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
5. Oversees Project Controls Safety Program.
Specific Functional Duties
1. Provides technical direction to the Project Controls organization.
2. Serves as primary point of contract to project management, functional management, and DOE on issues relating to Project Controls.
3. Provides input to Manager of Business Systems on Project Controls issues.
4. Oversees estimate and schedule development maintenance and reporting of project baselines.
5. Ensures Project Controls organization compliance with Project Controls specific contract requirements, Project Controls procedures, Project Controls desk-top instructions and programmatic direction.
6. Ensures optimal Project Controls Systems implementation.
7. Works with Manager of Projects and Project teams to analyze potential problems and recommend solutions.
8. Oversees and assists in preparing, analyzing, and presenting cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management.
9. Supports Project and Functional Management at meetings, i.e. Project Performance Reviews, Project Status Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and miscellaneous data calls.
10. Supports internal and external audits as required.
11. Shares Lessons Learned.
Description of ideal candidate
Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field.
Fifteen years project controls related experience. Good knowledge of project controls principles, procedures, and processes. Good communication and computer skills and thorough understanding of earned value management techniques.
To apply, please visit our career page at:
or email your resume to ****
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please ****
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
You need to login to view contact details of this job!
Click on the APPLY ONLINE icon below to apply for this job.