Planner/Estimator 2 (Electrical/Power Systems)
Kennedy Space Center, FL, 32815, USA
**Business Line** Government
**Position Title** Planner/Estimator 2 (Electrical/Power Systems)
United States of America - Florida
Kennedy Space Center
**Purpose and Scope:**
Responsible for the coordination of Engineering, Production Control, Purchasing and other applicable departments to achieve optimum utilization of facilities in meeting production schedules.
1. Responsible for proper planning and estimating of man-hours on Work Orders received in Work Management department.
2. Responsible for reading detailed drawings to make labor estimates and material takeoffs.
3. Responsible for all coordination of the task during the planning stages with other assigned crafts, engineering, and work requester.
4. Develop detailed schedules, material requirements list(s) and production plans for established Work Flows.
5. Assists Integrated Planning /Scheduling with the preparation of the near-term schedules.
6. Plan and issue project schedules and material requirements.
7. Follow weekly work schedules and communicate developments and potential issues.
8. Will be responsible for job planning to include task and work instructions, cost estimates, man hour requirements, scheduling, and material requirements on Work Orders received.
9. Provide input to management regarding problems such as cost shortages, design changes, backlogs etc.
10. Responsible for coordinating all paperwork when a scope change is encountered by field personnel.
11. Prepare scope change requests in detail using established forms for submittal.
12. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
**Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:**
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in related field and 2-4 years of project planning experience. Excellent written communication skills; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-orientated work. Experience in Electrical High and Low Voltage construction and facility modifications/upgrades to Fire Alarm / ESS. Must be proficient in CAD, Microsoft Planning and RS Means Costworks.
Must be able pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
**Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:**
Position involves work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards (Constant use of computer terminal, use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, mental alertness). Field work will be required as needed to evaluate work requirements. Candidate must also possess good planning/organizing skills and be able to work under constant deadlines. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds may be required.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED. NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED.
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
**Job Category** Planning
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 181500BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Website : http://www.aecom.com
Twenty-five years ago, AECOM was formed when a handful of Ashland Inc. employees shared a dream of creating an industry-leading firm dedicated to making the world a better place. On April 6, 1990, AECOM became an independent company formed by the merger of five Ashland entities. While our official founding was in 1990, some of our predecessor firms had distinguished histories dating back more than 110 years. Since then, more than 50 companies have joined AECOM and, in 2007, we became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACM).