GENERAL SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION
Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Promote OEG’s Core Values, safety culture and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). Provide technical estimating support to construction projects from bid preparation through job close out documentation to the customer.
Coordinate estimating resources with project managers. Review invitations to bid and work with managers to determine projects to bid.
Track bid results in pipeline and tracking spread sheets.
Coordinate bid closing team and participate when available.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Complete estimates for all projects, small to large, through all phases of the estimating process including but not limited to:
• Vendor coordination
• Subcontractor coordination
• Takeoffs and data entry
• Scope letter preparation.
2. Estimate projects complete with designated margins. Work to make your estimates easily usable for cost to complete and phasing.
3. Prepare and update post-bid files showing competition and competitive price levels and square foot pricing man-hours for future use.
4. Attend company meetings with updates of prospective projects or current status of projects in-house. Attend monthly estimator meetings for information. Volunteer innovative ideas and systems to make overall company coordination smoother, more enjoyable, and more profitable.
5. Work with the project controls team to solidify company procedures and processes in our continued pursuit of excellence.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires the knowledge of electrical construction and theory at a level normally acquired through the completion of an electrical training program. Five years experience as electrical estimator.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Excellent human relations skills and ability to maintain confidentiality. Demonstrated conceptual estimates and financial analytical skills. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Electrical apprenticeship, journeyman, wireman, project foremen/ general foreman, mentorship.
2. Construction management degree, OEG mentorship.
3. Estimator/Project supervisor, OEG mentorship
Drug screen and background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP