National General Insurance
This position will be responsible for completing appraisal assignments on select specialty vehicle claims with substantial exposure, technical repairs,and coverage issues, or as needed to support the Specialty Claims operations. This position is remote based in the Tri-state area (Northern NJ/Southern CT/Downstate NY).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Completes appraisals on specialty vehicles (Commercial primarily with RV claims included) within assigned Region.
* For SR position, also has involvement and ownership in managing appraisals outside of immediate territory
* Trains, develops, and provides technical and leadership guidance to other field staff. Responsible for driving a desired result on the quality of all of our appraisal sources.
* This position will be responsible for completing appraisal assignments on select specialty vehicle claims with substantial exposure, technical repairs,and coverage issues, or as needed to support the Specialty Claims operations.
* Involvement in the selection and management of our Specialty Vehicle Direct Repair Program
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
* 5 plus years of estimating experience including specialty vehicles
* Strong understanding of Material Damage including specialty vehicles
* Supervisory or training experience is preferred.
* The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong leadership qualities.
* The successful candidate will also have a record of demonstrating and delivering on customer service in a consistent manner while being a strong performer in reference to our metrics.
* Additional qualifications include a high level of initiative, mature judgment and discretion.
* Organization and time management skills are necessary and very important in this role.
* Demonstrates effective overall performance through consistent evaluations over multiple review periods.
* Demonstrates the capability of consistently handling aggregate file exposures of at least $50,000.
* Demonstrates the ability of evaluating damages up to their maximum authority level.
* Prefer successful completion of one or more of the following:
* Advanced Material Damage Class and Material Damage Updates
* ICAR Platinum designation
* Successful completion of Advanced Vehicle Estimatics
* Successful completion of Chief Structural Damage Analysis
* Successful completion of Chief Advanced Frame
* Successful completion of Chief Advanced Steering and Suspension Analysis
* Vale Tech, RVIA, or other specialty vehicle specific training programs
* Demonstrates a thorough and consistent pattern of understanding and demonstrating our National General Insurance 4 E s.
* Requires a high degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion. Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with others is critical.
* Negotiation skills are important for resolving issues.
* Demonstrates professional oral and written communication skills.
* Organization, customer service, and time management skills are critical for this position.
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of compliance with insurance law and state regulations as they relate to claims. Demonstrates the ability to find answers to more complex issues with insurance law and state regulations and is a source of direction / assistance for others.
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the insurance industry and internal and external organizational relationships of the company. Demonstrates an understanding of the functions of other departments
* Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
* Develops process management and analytical skills.
* Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate vision and strategy to execute on the company and department s plans and objectives.
* Demonstrates the ability to independently find answers to more complex material damage issues. Is a subject matter resource on material damage repairs for other claims personnel.
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000. -
Apply Not ready to Apply*
Jobs by State
Want to be a sponsor?
We believe there's more to auto insurance than coverages and claims. At National General Insurance, we start with experience – yours. We're guided by your unique needs, translated into the policy that works best for you, your family and the vehicles you drive. Our job? To give you the benefits of our experience. More than 60 years of it, grounded in the automotive industry. We take pride in the insurance products and services we offer, designed to give you the best possible auto insurance coverage – affordably – from your first car to your 21st. We are committed to your complete satisfaction. And if you do need to make a claim, we'll handle it as quickly, professionally and gently as we can. We don't just want to “get” your business. We want to keep it.