At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a single purpose:We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
Metl-Span is a recognized leader in the advancement of insulated panel technology, serving the Architectural, Commercial, Industrial and Cold Storage industries with energy efficient and cost effective insulated metal wall and roof panels. For the past forty years, we have not only helped shape our industry; we have set the standard for product design innovations and technology improvements. In order to maintain this focus on quality, we continue to pioneer new research and expand our process capabilities.
This role requires a strong focus on the technical ability required to assigned metal component systems. The substantial work of your role is to provide complete and accurate estimates of projects of assigned classification. In addition, the ability to utilize various estimating software and comprehending engineering documents. A thorough understanding of construction drawings and specifications is required.
An ESTIMATOR is accountable to the Estimating Manager for:
* Neat, accurate, easy-to-follow quotation documents that follow the desired unit mix and are within the manufacturing limitations.
* Maintaining a tight schedule that often has late-addition requirements or changes in priority.
* Communicating needs and difficulties to all members of the team to assure quick disposition of problems.
* Promptly returning calls, e-mails and other correspondence that may originate from customers, design, installers, outside sales or manufacturing when they require assistance at no cost to the schedule.
* Continually improving productivity, accuracy and ability so that I may expand my area of expertise.
* Make it a priority to advance the capabilities of those that I work with that are lesser experienced while learning from those with more experience.
* Protecting the company's interest when investigating field modifications.
* Working extra hours to move forward on a deadline when I am asked to.
* Understanding my role in the overall system and be willing to step outside that role when needed for the betterment of the company.
* Responsible for providing and/or receiving back checking comments as an integral part of growth & training
* Minimum of one year of metal component experience or related field (Structural Steel/Architectural estimating or drafting experience may contribute as required experience)
* College degree preferred
* Demonstrable evidence of business acumen
* Competent to successfully perform the described estimator task level on cladding and secondary framing projects.
* PC competent (including Excel and Word.)
* Excellent oral and written skills.
* Ability to interpret project specifications, drawings and other technical data to utilize this information in conjunction with the design, Metl-Span standards to produce easy to understand and accurate estimates.
* Bluebeam or OSP experience preferred
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
At NCI Building Systems, Inc. (NYSE: NCS) we design, manufacture and market a comprehensive line of metal buildings and components for the nonresidential construction industry. Our products are used in new construction as well as retrofit work in virtually every sector – commercial, industrial, agricultural, institutional and governmental. We are also a leading metal coater and offer full-service coating capabilities for cleaning, treating, slitting and coating various flat-rolled metal coil substrates which are used for nonresidential construction applications by external customers and our own components and building groups, as well as for other industrial applications in the lighting, HVAC and appliance markets.